ALEKSS
The Other Alex Castro
Infos are posted in my About tab. Contacts are on my Affiliates tab. Backreading? Try my Archives tab. My tagboard is up again so leave me a message? :)




posted : 12.31.2010
title :
CRITICS FOR A DAY

the title pretty much tells you all. so my friend Russ and I tried things that are both new for us and just for a couple hours we became sort of food and movie critics.

so, food first. now here is KFC's Double Down.

The double down is a sandwich which contains bacon, two different kinds of melted cheese, the Colonel’s 'secret' sauce pinched in between two pieces of Original Recipe chicken fillets. Yummy as it may seem but I guess the Double Down didn't actually meet my expectations. Well maybe because I was expecting that the chicken 'bun' was crispier and maybe because everyone's been fussing about it. To think that in some KFC outlets they are always unavailable. The final verdict? I can call it yummy but I think the cheese was too much. Sodium Overload! Haha. Everything was salty, from the bacon, to the cheese, up to the chicken fillets. But I think that the Double Down is a must-try, just for the sake that you can say you tried it. HAHA. :))

and in the widescreen we have RPG METANOIA.

The RPG Metanoia is the first full length 3D Filipino Animated Movie and it's so cool like that. Being somewhat a movie addict I've watched tons and tons of Western animated movies and comparing them will not be impossible. Contrary to what I thought that this movie would be sort of fail I was totally wrong. The movie was great. Filipino animators are really great. [wooh alex! BIAS. dahil lang may tito ka na animator. :D] As for the story, I'm not accusing the writers of plagiarism or what but I already watched a Japanese film with somewhat the same plot. However, I really think there is definitely a clear future for the Filipino Animation. Good job! :)