ALEKSS
The Other Alex Castro
Infos are posted in my About tab. Contacts are on my Affiliates tab. Backreading? Try my Archives tab. My tagboard is up again so leave me a message? :)




posted : 10.17.2011
title :
I just finished scanning my hard copy of our high school yearbook. Yes, I just scanned it because I've already seen it a thousand times during the editing so I already know what's inside. So after some parts of it, laughing at some pictures, reminiscing memories back then, recalling incidents in my last year of high school, and after contemplating whether I look stupid or not in some of my pictures I realized that ...

I MISS HIGH SCHOOL. I miss my friends. I miss my uniform, well only a bit. I miss my easy-unlike-college subjects. I miss my lunch buddies. I miss SG meetings. I miss my responsible self. I miss SRA. I miss our canteen. I miss my closest friends, my best friends. I miss the baduy jokes and cheesy banats. I miss being scolded for no reason by my teacher who has a habit of doing so. I miss how I advise people with their problems like I've gone through what they're undergoing especially about relationships. I miss our McDo pig outs. I miss sleepovers. I miss spending Saturdays in some else's house to finish our group projects. I miss having class rehearsals at a classmate's house for a class presentation. I miss the open forums that leads to unexpected revelations and confessions. I miss basketball practices. I miss intramurals. I miss lining up outside for the flag ceremony. I miss how we stalk our upperclass crushes in their friendster accounts. I miss forcing myself to read the Filipino stories like Ibong Adarna, Florante at Laura, Noli, and El Fili. I miss the old school reporting with all the manila paper and cartolina if you want to be more classy. I miss completing my notes in my notebook because I know at the end of the day the teacher will grade it. I miss spending my time with my friends inside the campus even it's already dismissal because we just want to spend more time with each other. I miss the writings on the board using chalk. I miss messy locker. I miss PE which only consists of stretching and examinations for flexibility, endurance, and whatevs. I miss checking test papers and begging the teachers to consider my answer just because I spelled it wrong but still it sounds the same. I miss having film viewing session. I miss having general assemblies in our very hot AVR. I miss how I fully understand my lessons and I can still recite. I miss the sound of laughter of the class whenever someone jokes. I miss having to spend most of the time of the day in school with my second family, my friends.

So yeah, basically I MISS HIGH SCHOOL. I MISS MY FRIENDS.