ALEKSS
The Other Alex Castro
Infos are posted in my About tab. Contacts are on my Affiliates tab. Backreading? Try my Archives tab. My tagboard is up again so leave me a message? :)




posted : 5.08.2012
title :
I don't have a summer fling so maybe I'll stick with books. :P


        I finally finished a book this summer! Yay me! Since the start of the summer I have started 4 books and I just can't finish them. Maybe because it's not an easy read and it definitely reminds of required readings in a regular semester. The first book I tried to read was "The Art of Loving" by Erich Fromm which is an psychoanalytic view on love. The book is literally ancient and reading it triggers sneezes and so I stopped reading it, for now. :) 


        The other three books I started reading was Mythology by Edith Hamilton, Book 7 of A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I have different reasons why I haven't finished them and please hear me out. Haha. 
        For Mythology, actually I already have a copy of this at home. It's just it's not officially mine. It's my old tutor's copy and it also means that I have read some parts of it. I bought my own copy because I want to read the whole thing but yeah, so far I haven't gone past page 33. Haha. 
        As for the The Vile Village, Book 7 of A Series of Unfortunate Events boo, I only bought that book because it was sold for only P50 in a book sale beside the Faculty Center. A faculty was selling his other books too at very low prices. Some were only P30 each then I thought that I'll never have a chance of seeing this particular book being sold for only P50 and so I bought it. Haven't officially read it unless reading the message of Lemony Snicket counts as starting the book. I want to read it in a chronological order. 


        And for the Wuthering Heights, it's a classic so it's Old English though the cover is so pretty and all, (the only reason I bought it. Hoho. :D ) sometimes I can't help but doze off because the words are all flowery and shit. HAHAHA.


        Despite the beginning four different books and not finishing them, not at this very moment, I already did finish one book for this summer and it's entitled Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler a.k.a. Lemony Snicket. It was a good read but the sentences are also "runny" like what Aila decribed it. But I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5. I think the author just like describing everything for you. He wants to set the mood and build it up so you'll feel the same way as the character. I also thought that I am like that when it comes to telling stories. I mean not like good enough to right a book but actually the kind of story telling with tons of segways and comparisons. Blah blah blah. Hahaha.So yeah, I just finished this book, BOO YAH! :) Off to the next book. 

        Next book, The Happiness Project. I already read the "Message to the reader" and the way I see it the author doesn't like the book to be some sort of a self-help book for anybody but some sort of a guide where one can try and make her own Happiness Project. I hope the author will stick to what she said because I don't want to read books that dictates you what to do. Haha. The same reason why I don't read Mitch Albom, still don't have plans now, though a lot of people recommend his books because it's like people will always tell you that you will get inspired. And so I feel the NEED to be inspired by his books and I don't like that. I want to be inspired by the books that will not dictate itself to me that it is inspirational. I don't like to conform. LALALALA~ Socio shit insert here. LALALA~  HAHAHAHA. Whatevs, I'm rambling. So yeah. #LABO


Pero ito talaga ang binabasa ko ngayon. Haha. Exam on Thursday. Must stop reading anything non-acad. But can't help it. -___-