The Other Alex Castro
Infos are posted in my About tab. Contacts are on my Affiliates tab. Backreading? Try my Archives tab. My tagboard is up again so leave me a message? :)
|
posted : 9.11.2012
title : Life of the class :3
Today's the self-evaluation/consultation for one of my major classes Socio 182 - Qualitative Research and so we have to talk to our professor one-on-one and say what grade we think we deserve for participation in class. I gave myself a 1.25. I explained that I have never missed a class and most likely I have recited both in her lecture and discussion classes. I think I have contributed one way or another some thought or critique on whatever we were doing in class that day. Then my professor asked me why I didn't give myself a 1.0. I told her I think sometimes I babble too much in class to the point that I myself think it's already unnecessary. And of course I don't think I always try to analyze the concepts in a deep sociological sense.
However, my professor told me that I deserve more than a 1.25. :) She told me that she thinks that I deserve to receive a 1.0 at least in the Participation in her subject. She told me that the effort that I have given the class is very good, that I have shared or stated things that are not just mere sharing of experiences but rather something to think about, that I have shared some really good arguments, and what really convinced my professor to give me a 1.0 is the pie chart we made for a simple exercise. She also told me that for a professor there's always this one student in his/her class wherein they feel that the class is not complete without that person and that it is odd to start the class unless that person is still not in the room. She told me that I am that person. :> "Life of the class" - that's what she called me. She said this is actually a strength given that you know you have made an impact to the professor but I thought to myself that it's actually more of a pressure since I have to behave and participate more. So yeah, thanks Maam Neeks! :) You made my day. Haha. All I need to submit in her class is the final paper and I'm done for 182! Yaaay! :D |